Monday, January 30, 2012

Where can I get a cheap high school textbook?

I really like a textbook from my grade 12 physics class called "Nelson Physics 12", ISBN 0176259880. I want to buy it for less than Nelson's advertised price of $155 + shipping. Since the school issues these books to us, I'd imagine it's rare that someone would sell one and I couldn't find any on eBay or some other major used items sites. Any suggestions?Where can I get a cheap high school textbook?
See if your high school will sell you one (and how much they'd want for it). Maybe even try asking if they have a damaged copy that they'd be willing to sell to you at a discount. They probably got it cheaper than the list price since they buy in volume.



You said you checked eBay and such. Try Craigslist ( www.craigslist.com ) or Amazon or Barnes %26amp; Noble or a general search online. Don't forget to look under their "used books" options.



Try searching on some homeschooling sale groups (that sell used homeschooling curriculum) online.



Ask your physics teacher. Sometimes teachers are given copies by the publisher. You never know if he has a copy that he doesn't need laying around--or knows of someone else who has one.



Textbooks are very expensive. And ones that are current are hard to get used.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment