Thursday, January 26, 2012

Where could I get a legitimate hard-cover textbook on how to speak Russian?

Everywhere I look they are either sold out or poorly rated. I want one that may even be used in schools. I really want to learn Russian over the summer so I need a good textbook to help out along with other methods I'm trying out (Pimsleur, Rosetta Stone, LiveMocha, etc.) Thanks in advance!Where could I get a legitimate hard-cover textbook on how to speak Russian?
Did you try Amazon? Also, if you live in a college town, you can get one from the college book store, and it will be a recent, well respected text (I don't know what you mean by 'legitimate').



Don't waste your valuable time on Rosetta Stone.Where could I get a legitimate hard-cover textbook on how to speak Russian?
Why does it have to be hard-cover? Maybe that's where you're going wrong.

Have a look on Amazon for starters, and maybe if you're not in the US then have a look on any other online book stores that sell specifically to your country. If a shop, or website, is sold out of a book that you want then you can request them to order it for you and then they'll notify you when it is in. If you're on a website looking at text books then often there will be reviews on the books. Amazon has this. If there are no reviews you can assume that it's average, because no one's hated it enough to feel the need to warn future buyers, and no one's loved it enough to feel the need to sing it's praise.Where could I get a legitimate hard-cover textbook on how to speak Russian?
this is the best book:



RUSSIAN FOR BEGINNERS

Y.G. Ovsiyenko

Russky Yazyk Publishers



When I started to learn Russian it was my best tool.

From beginner to intermediate, easy but really complete.

It is a hard cover book with exercises, texts, grammar and conversation
As the other answerers said, amazon.com is always a good place to start.



One of my contacts also directed me to this website a few weeks ago because of my love of the Tajik language. This website allows you to safely and legally download many absolutely fantastic language reference books on hundreds of languages: http://uz-translations.net/ you simply need to be willing to read them in digital form through a program like Adobe Reader or DjView.
  • vance and hines
  • english to arabic
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment