Saturday, February 18, 2012

Should I write in my textbook for a final?

I have a final tomorrow that I will not be prepared for. Its not that I haven't studied, its that this is gonna be a really hard test. I am fortunate enough that we will be allowed to use the textbook. Should I write a few summary notes in the book?Should I write in my textbook for a final?
if its an open book exam/test, u r alowed to have a few notes inside the textbook. so as long as ur notes dont look like a mini essay, u shld b fine.
I would. Do it in pencil so you can go back %26amp; erase it if you're planning on selling the book. If not, you could use a highlighter. Anything that will help on the exam. I took one of my finals on Sunday %26amp; another tonight. I don't think I did all that great on either one so good luck~Should I write in my textbook for a final?
Never..if you are planning to sell the book for extra cash then you will have to sell it for less, which will suck if you've managed to keep it in good condition this far.

If you aren't going to sell it back to the school or to other students then go ahead and write in it..but i suggest you use post it notes.. start with page number and the line you you can locate it easier, and ake key notes...you'll keep the pages clean and you can offer the post it' as a bonus with the book when selling ;)

Good luck on those finals..
well if you can use the book then go for itShould I write in my textbook for a final?
If it's allowed, why not. Don't do anything unethical though.



I used to work at the bookstore, and usually a little writing in the book didn't devalue it enough. Only if a cover or pages were missing, or it was in really bad shape would we devalue it. Maybe it's different for other stores.
Cheating never gains anything. I suppose you might get a better grade, but you didn't earn it 100%. If you don't care about that, then go for it. Remember...a Doctor that graduates with a C and a Doctor that graduates with an A are both doctors. Who would you want doing your surgery? Food for thought. Good luck on the exam.
Heck ya, That is how I made it through some of my classes. I would keep it simple, like something that may have been added by the teach. that wasn't in the book. Another good idea would be to jot down where stuff is in the book, like a category and page numbers. I never had problems selling the books back. The only thing they checked at my college was the outside condition. If that concerns you, write it in pencil and erase, or sell the book yourself to someone you know will need to take the class next year.
It depends on your conscience.....does cheating or not telling the truth bother you? Then there is the possibility of being caught with those notes...is it worth risking your reputation or academic career? I think you should pull an all nighter and study your a** off!

No comments:

Post a Comment