Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How different are the 7th and 6th edition of Early Transcendentals textbook by James Steward?

I am trying to buy textbooks for University, and like all the other books, the calculus one is pricey. The newest Early Transcendentals 7th edition by James Steward is required, but it would save me a lot to buy the 6th edition. I compared the index of the two, and it seems the 7th has a little minor addition than the 6th. I want to know if there are more differences inside the two books, like the examples and questions.

Your help is much appreciated!How different are the 7th and 6th edition of Early Transcendentals textbook by James Steward?
Hello,



I go to the University of Toronto and I used Stewart's 6th edition book for first year calculus (MAT135). I have seen the 6th and 7th edition and it seems that the topics covered are essentially the same. The 7th edition contains some new problems. I would recommend buying the 6th edition and looking over a friends 7th edition from time to time if you want to see the new problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment