Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What is a good textbook for modern greek?

I want to learn modern greek, but I do not know which textbook to buy. If you know any books, like a special dictionary, I should get with the textbook please recommend them to me.



Note: I'm looking for a textBOOK, not rosetta stona or a language learning website. I want a book.



THANK YOU!!!What is a good textbook for modern greek?
I recently acquired Greek: An Essential Grammar of the Modern Language, which is very good so far. Decent Greek grammars for English speakers are few and far between, so grab it while you can. Publisher is Routledge, 2004, authors Holton, Mackridge, Philippaki-Warburton.



This book thankfully is not cluttered with all those superfluous breath marks which were given up officially in 1982, and that alone makes it worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment